We are expecting several family members to visit us here in a couple weeks. Family get-togethers typically elicit equal amounts of fun and stress. "Fun" because it's family. "Stress" because it's family. Wait, I meant to say: "Stress" because we have a small house and can't possibly accommodate all the loved ones we would like to.
Grandpa J. came up with a grand solution. He and Grandma will be driving their rather cozy RV with them. House guests with their own house? Lovely. I assumed they would simply camp out in front, or next to, our house. Grandpa had other plans. He suggested we look around for a campground/RV park they could comfortably call home for the couple days they would be here.
We looked online and found two locations both within minutes of our house. So, in an effort to gather additional information about the services offered, we shoved the three rug rats in the Swagger Wagon and headed out for a little look-see.
As we pulled up to Campground "A", I noticed three things immediately:
1) Each site seemed to be occupied. Strange for mid-February.
2) The RV's currently inhabiting the sites were...how shall I say this?...unique.
3) The aforementioned RV's had obviously been there for quite some time and each possessed slight modifications suggesting a vague sense of permanence.
Ignoring my first impression, Ian decided it wouldn't hurt to stop at the office and ask if they had any brochures or pamphlets we could pass on to his father. I choked back my typical glass-is-half-empty, skeptic reply and watched as he knocked on the door of the "office". When Ian asked the "manager" if they had any brochures his response was, "Do we look like the kind of place that's going to have a brochure?"
No. No you don't.

Campground "B" was more of the same. Grandpa and Grandma, you're staying with us. Bottom line.
2 comments:
It's a lifestyle. Some people just want their home - on the range. They say there's an RV for everyone. You should check it out. :-)
LOL! We've actually checked out that place for traveling guests also. Yea, I was scared.
Post a Comment