Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Village

If you've never been to my house at Christmas time...you've missed out on a rather spectacular feat of Lego-building mastery. Each year Ian pulls out his (enormous) stock-pile of Lego and proceeds to create a festive Lego Christmas Village that surrounds, and even goes under, our Christmas tree.

The kids love it. They wake up each morning and run for the tree to spend a little time with the village inhabitants before readying themselves for school. No really...they run to it. The village include a toy shop, bakery, post office, train station, ice-skating pond, ski hill, farm (with animals), hotel (that's what I'm calling it), and a gazebo with live music (to name a few). Several of the lampposts actually light up. Oh, and there are two trains that service this particular village.

At any given second someone is usually begging for the opportunity to drive the trains around (and around, and around) the tree. And yes, that someone is usually Curtis.

Oh, I know...you're asking yourself "where are they supposed to put the presents?"

So am I. (Ian keeps reminding me that there's plenty of space. On the floor. Next to the piano. Downstairs...)

Don't tell him I said this, but...I kind of like it.

You may, however, tell him that the village needs a library.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ooh, a lego library... do they have a bank? Suddenly my porcelain (very, very breakable)village is not seeming so fun....

Munchkin Invasion said...

THAT is AMAZING!!! Seriously...my boys would be in heaven.