Saturday, June 19, 2010

Proximity

In this semi-adult phase of life I've found that Ian and I often talk about our "next house". You know, the one we're going to buy when we are ridiculously wealthy. The dream house. Perfection. Yup...that one.


We have made many declarations regarding this house. We've discussed the yard, the carpet, the paint, the height of the ceiling, the length of hallways, the width of the entryway, the distance between the master bedroom and kid's rooms, the kitchen appliances, the size of the mud room, etc., etc., etc.

But never before have we paid heed to one tiny little detail: The distance between the tub and the toilet. And why would we? I mean, really...I'm OCD, but I wouldn't have considered it worth mentioning.

Until tonight.

Until we found our wet, naked, previously-in-the-tub, two year-old STANDING in the toilet bowl.

Apparently it was just a little too close. What's a boy to do?

9 comments:

Lewis Family said...

HaHaHa! Our toilet is also close to the tub. However I once had one of my boys, who shall remain nameless that "had to pee in the tub because I couldn't see the toilet!" So think hard before making the final plans for the toilet placement. Just sayin'.

Natalie said...

OMGSH!! SO Cody confessed to me the other day that we should leave the shower curtain open because sometimes when "A MAN" goes #1- it SPLASHES ON THE CURTAIN!!! SIck Sick sick--- so I agree- Distance from toilet to tub should be GREAT!

Fiddlefish said...

If it makes you feel any better, Adam dunked one of Ashlyn's stuffed animals in the toilet to give it a "bath" and then proudly dragged the soggy wet thing down the freshly mopped wood hallway and family room. Life is much more spicey raising a little boy.

Jason and Kristin said...

Ok, you got me on that one. I have never found one of my boys IN the toilet...too funny!

Jen Crook said...

That's a good one. My only son just was never very mischievous. He is now, but back then he was so easy and mellow. I am so sorry to all of you out there who have busy little boys.

Babcock Family said...

that is just AWSOME!

Tara said...

Did you get my email? What's your current email address? Mine's still the same...send me yours.

Rochelle said...

WHAT?! Wow, I cannot stop laughing or pick my chin up off the ground!That's one to hold over his head when he's older, it's just to bad you didn't snap a picture!

Rebecca said...

Amy my dear, you have the most interesting kids I know. Never a dull moment at the Jones house.