Now that we have working toilets and running (but cold) water, let's talk food.
Admittedly, I'm probably one of the pickiest eaters I know (except, of course, for Jonie). But...I would like to believe that I'm not the only one who would wonder at the brain power behind the following menu choices:
White bread, butter, beet slice.
Plain bagel, wilted lettuce leaf, raw salmon.
Roll, butter, mystery meat.
Wilted lettuce, chopped hot dog in fake cheese sauce, all rolled in a tortilla.
And for dessert: White bread from who-knows-when, weird pink pudding, strawberry and chocolate shavings.
This, combined with our multiple (so many) trips up and down 9 flights of stairs made it a diet cruise for me. (No joke.)
There was one exciting event, however. The navy showed up with an aircraft carrier, a helicopter, and 60,000 lbs. of food, bottled water, and supplies. We spent a few moments waving to the men on board and taking pictures of them while they waved and took pictures of us. Funny.


We were hoping the food delivery would save us from the unidentifiable food. We were mistaken. I did see Pop Tarts and granola bars (thank you, sailors) but would have actually enjoyed a little Spam in those sandwiches. Where was the Spam? To be honest, the bulk of their delivery seemed to be beer. LOTS and LOTS of beer.

That evening we were informed that we would no longer be towed to Ensenada (hallelujah). They would be towing us to San Diego (yippee!) but we wouldn't get there until Thursday evening (WHAT?)
Two more days to go.
(Other news: our neighbors in the cabin next to us were frequent (consistent, repeated, incessant) partakers of the free hootch. This, combined with their penchant for smoking pot (no, I'm not kidding), made for a friendly feeling all around. Okay...not so friendly. They were obnoxious!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment