Tuesday, November 9, 2010

She Does Like to Draw

While lost at sea Ian spent a great deal of effort devising ways to entertain our bored and cranky crew of children. At one point he gave Lindy an "assignment" to help him procure some sort of sustenance for our malnourished family. (Yes, I exaggerate.) She was rather excited at being given such an adult responsibility and proceeded to follow Ian, bouncing her way up and down through the maze of cruisers.


A lady in line leaned over to Ian and asked, "Oh, is she autistic?"

Of course, Ian misunderstood and, thinking she has said "artistic", replied, "Well, yes...she does like to draw."

The lady clarified, "No, I meant AU-tistic. She was bouncing up and down and not saying anything."

Ian didn't know what to say.

And neither do I.

3 comments:

Rod and Jess said...

Oh. WOW. Some people are so . . . WOW. Your posts are cracking me up! I'm so sorry you had to go through that! On the bright side, it is making for a great story! Glad you're home safe!

Jodi Jo said...

Seriously? Sometimes people say the and ask the strangest things! What a dope. I am thoroughly enjoying your posts while all the while thinking that I am so glad it was not me. ;)

Munchkin Invasion said...

I am laughing SO, SO HARD right now!!! Someone slap that woman...seriously. I realize you are eating spam and pop tarts but get some manners!