Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Curses!

Welcome to the battle of "happy supportive wife" vs. "irritatingly geeky husband". Ian has been pestering me (in a good-natured way, of course) for over a year to let him replace our home computer (previously a PC) with an Apple Mac Mini. I fought it tooth-and-nail for quite some time. I finally caved just before Christmas...mainly because I want to get a new kitchen table and figured a little "scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" might help my cause.


Fast forward a couple months. I have tried. Really and truly I have. I have stepped outside of my comfort zone and I feel like I've made a herculean effort to like (and use) this new computer. But today...I'm ready to take this teeny tiny geeky silver box and smack Ian over the head with it. AARRGH! Meanwhile it is quite depressing to know that, at least in TV world, I am portrayed as the goofy suit-wearing nerd and Ian gets to be the cool dude. Blast that darn marketing strategy!

And no...I still don't have a new kitchen table.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

I'm pretty sure Kyle and I have been debating over the same issue of replacing our computer with the Apple Mac. Thanks for this post. I have more backing now!:)

Autumn said...

I wouldn't be able to do it either! I think you've got more leverage for that table now...knowing that you hate it! Thanks for the laugh!

Kim said...

I hear you!! We actually just got a new I mac. I am struggling!!! Everyone keeps telling me how much I will love it as soon as I get familiar with the workings. I have found an invaluable source of training at the Simply Mac store by University Mall.
Good luck to us!
kim

Jeff Heninger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeff Heninger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.