Thursday, January 31, 2008

Gravity

I've heard it before: "It's no use crying over spilled milk." Well, what about crying over a shattered glass of Diet Coke splattered all over my kitchen counter, floor, cupboards, walls, and rug? I'm hoping that I am justified in at least a few tears of frustration especially considering that this is probably the tenth time this has happened over the last few months. It hasn't always been Diet Coke, mind you. We've had apple juice (an entire gallon at one point), Sprite, Gatorade, and Diet Coke creating a sticky, icky mess all over my house. (Unfortunately for my kitchen rug, no water.) I'm down more than I care to know in glassware and I'm sick and tired of having to play Twister in my kitchen as I try to maneuver around an ever-expanding waistline. Why is it that pregnant women have to deal with clumsiness along with all the other inconveniences? It's just been one of those days/weeks. Grrr.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Amy
My guess is that you have to take the bad along with the good...just think what you get from being pregnant! A reward at the end of your trial...if you are still breaking things and spilling things after pregnancy...we'll just have to find something else to blame it on!
Hope you have a better day soon!
Love ya,
kim

Autumn said...

I think the reason things like this happen is so that when the crying, non sleeping child comes out you are so grateful to not be pregnant you feel like you can handle anything!

Babcock Family said...

I'm with Autumn. Amen! I say when that baby comes out there is NO better feeling in the world. Your almost there so just hang on. Go team!

Jodi Jo said...

Amy, just be glad you only do that when you are pregnant. I still do things like that all the time.