Sunday, November 18, 2007

Things You May or May Not Know About Me

Someone recently tagged me with the "Six Things You May or May Not Know About Me" deal...so after much reflection and thought I decided to post the results. Keep in mind, there are some of you out there that actually might know these insane things about me...so no guarantees that they are unknown to any of you!

  1. When I was a kid I wanted to be Indiana Jones. Hey...I guess I got the Jones part.
  2. I've never had a broken bone.
  3. I can spell the word "blood" with my fingers.
  4. I'm a complete font-elitist. I detest certain fonts for no other reason than I just do. I love others for the same inexplicable reason. I've had arguments with employers as to why my choice of font was better than theirs. I've been known to boycott certain retail establishments because I think they are stupid to have used a particular font.
  5. I can't stand the unnecessary and moronic use of the letter "K" as a marketing ploy (stuff like "Kountry Kollections" or "Kart Kountry" or "Kash n' Karry"). The sight of such atrocities actually makes me want to hit someone. No, really...I want to beat someone up.
  6. Strange grocery-shopping compulsion: I feel the need to buy fruit in even numbers. For example, if I need 4 bananas and the only option is a bunch with 3, a bunch with 5, or a bunch with 6...I'll choose 6. And no...I don't pull extra bananas off of the bunch at the store...that's just rude.
So now you all know 6 additional things about Amy that you really didn't need to know...and you're most likely saying to yourself, "Boy, that girl's nuts." or "Gee, that explains so much."

Hugs and kisses!

4 comments:

Autumn said...

Ame...this was too funny! I totally relate to #4...I also have a font obsession (we may have discussed this). xoxo

Tara said...

Very funny. I didn't know any of these things.

I used to have an obsession with even numbers. (Jon and I are 2 years, two months and 2 days apart in age, our first address was 222 #2, all major events in my life have happened on even years, my first two kids are two years apart...) It never did extend to bananas, however. And I had to get over it when my third baby was born in an odd year and since I'm not having any more kids, I'll always have an odd number!

Fun list, fun read.

The Lower Family said...

It's good to know that you haven't changed a bit. I miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Very funny...it makes me feel less quirky about myself...I have a few of the same obsessions. I couldn't imagine stopping with an odd number of children so it was either 2 or 4! I also prefer things to be symmetrical. It is peaceful to my brain.