Sunday, May 11, 2008

I Am A Mom

This Mother's Day I feel so blessed to be called a mom. Without these little ones in my life I would never have known how deep and powerfully I am able to love. Whatever I am, as a mother, I owe to these three wonderful kids.

Lindy is such an amazing girl. She knows what she wants and is determined to get it. It causes a few confrontations now, but I know that her independent nature will help her stick to what she knows is right as she grows up and learns to make her own choices. She is SO smart. Her comprehension of the world around her amazes us every day. She has such a loving heart and loves to make others feel special. When her aunt Jody asked her what she could do for Mother's Day she said she wanted to get a robot to help me out with all the stuff I have to do...how thoughtful is that?

Ellie is our comedian. She makes us laugh all the time. She often avoids getting into trouble (even when she should) by simply being so blasted funny! She loves other people to be happy too. When I get a little miffed she'll come up to me, with a huge smile on her face, and ask, "You happy, mommy?" How can I stay upset when she so obviously wants me to be as carefree as she is? She calls everyone her friend...her friend "dampa" (grandpa), her friend Jody, her friend Paisley. I'm sure that she will grow up to have many friends and will keep them laughing with her antics.

Curtis is the cherry on the top! Even at 5 weeks he has impacted my life so much. (And I'm not just talking about the sleep deprivation.) He has taught me that my own skepticism and cynical outlook on life isn't necessarily the way it needs to be. I never thought I could love a boy like I love my girls. But this little man has a special place in his mother's heart. I can't imagine my life or our family without his sweet little spirit.

Lindy once told me that up in heaven she chose to come to our family. I'm so grateful that she did and that her sister and brother followed her. Thank you Lindy, Ellie, and Curtis for making me a mom. I love you!

4 comments:

Jen Crook said...

Ah, so sweet and mushy. I am loving being a mom much more that everyone is potty trained. Yee ha!

The Brown 6 Pak said...

I really enjoyed reading this blog. It made me all teary. It made me reflect on my own children and how empty life would be without them. It definitely is a blessing to be a mom.

Amy Jones said...

Granted...I posted this before they all freaked out on me. Holy crap...3 kids is tough.

Autumn said...

Beautifully written! Glad you had a happy mothers day...and AMEN to the 3 kids being tough!!