Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Smile! I Love You.

By 4:30pm this evening I had:
  • Canned 47 cans of food storage
  • Opened and re-canned 10 cans of food storage (crap!)
  • Cleaned baby puke out of my van
  • Fed ungrateful and picky children lunch
  • Cleaned baby puke off my kitchen floor
  • Separated two girls from a death-match fight...twice
  • Sent aforementioned girls to Time Out...I lost count how many times.
  • Bundled three ornery children, against their will, into the van for a much-needed Costco trip
  • Lost Ellie at Costco for a few minutes because she "needed to pee" (yes, again...just not for long)
  • Endured multiple LOUD temper tantrums while at Costco
  • Refrained from yelling at my children at Costco
  • Received a fat lip from my eldest child amid a flailing tantrum at Costco
  • Refrained from spewing profanity at the top of my lungs at Costco
  • Assured several concerned Costco customers that the SCREAMING BANSHEE child in the bathroom was actually okay...just didn't want to wipe her own behind
  • Listened to weeping, wailing, gnashing of teeth, and additional banshee-like screaming once my children learned they were not receiving their good-behavior-prize of a smoothie at Costco
  • Turned around once we reached the door to have a Costco supervisor adjust my receipt for an error (and receive several patronizing remarks from grumpy employee)
  • Finally made it out the door and to the van only to have my 3 year old try and lock me out (ha, ha...I have keys)
It was then that I received a text from my sweet husband that said, "Smile! I love you." 

I admit...it helped. A little. Smiling was a little difficult with my fat lip, but I thought about it.

I need a vacation.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really SHOULD have come down last night and let you go somewhere by yourself. Sorry! Let me know if you want anything from San Francisco.

marisa said...

oh honey- i had a day like that yesterday too. minus the sweet text. knowing that i'm not the only one makes me feel way less sorry for myself :).

i hope today brings you happy babies, relaxation, & more husband sweetness!

Emily said...

You are amazing!!

Aubri n Scott said...

Amy! You know I have three girls that would love to help out! Even on the house! There are times that Well, I let them know that this is a free sitting job just because the mom needs a break! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. It is always nice when the husband says something sweet.

Lewis Family said...

Why did you have my kids at Costco?!? After so many trips like that to every/any store out there, I just do most of my shopping at night. I only take kids if it is absolutely essential! You can bring your kiddos to my house next time. Playmates are hard to come by over here. My kids would be thrilled.

Rod and Jess said...

All I can say is thanks for being human - and making me feel like a real mom! I was really beginning to wonder if it was just my mothering skills that brought out these beautiful traits in my little angels! :) I also would love playmates for my very bored, only-child! Please don't ever do that to yourself again on purpose!

Autumn said...

Oh Amy...you made me feel like I was there! Sorry about the fat lip...every mother should have a head to the mouth in the middle of the store every once in a while right!? Glad you survived! ...and bless Ian's heart for having immpecable timing...and possibly saving a little ones life! :) xoxo