Monday, July 13, 2009

Not Again!

My middle child has a habit, nay...a talent, for hurting herself. It happens so many times a day that it is becomeing harder and harder to express sufficient sympathy. At times I just want to lock her in her room just to prevent her from damaging herself.

Today was no different. While in the shower (no creepy bugs this time) I heard a very loud, very shrill scream coming from outside. Recognizing Ellies' cries of distress, I quickly hopped out, grabbed a towel and met Lindy in the hallway as she ran in to inform me that "Ellie wrecked on her bike and hit her head". I sent Lindy out to usher in the wounded in while I hunted for some clothing.

I made it outside just in time to see a bloodied, dirty, screaming little girl limping down the sidewalk. Once we cleaned the dirt and rocks out of her forehead and leg, I saw that the injuries were not too severe. In order to calm her down, however, I whipped out our extensive first aid kit and gave her whatever she wanted in order to help stem the flood of tears.

She'll survive. She's a tough kid. But I have to wonder...why did she have to mar the forehead right before family pictures? Seriously? Thank heavens for Photoshop.

1 comments:

Craythorn Family said...

OWWW! Logan fell the other day and scraped his knees for the first time. I felt so bad for him, but I am sure it won't be his last fall and scrape.