Sunday, September 21, 2008

Creating "The Zone"

Returning home this afternoon from Church I found my "sick" children creating a ginormous disaster in my family room. Upon questioning the motive and reasoning behind this tragic turn of events, my 5-year old calmly explained that she had made her own "Wipeout Zone" and she and her little sister were competing to see who would take the glory.

The "course" was made up of couch cushions, pillows, baby toys, couches (sans cushions), end tables, and the pony wall.
Unfortunately a winner was NOT named due to bad sportsmanship rearing it's ugly head once the judges (aka: mom & dad) determined that the "jumping off the pony wall, over the couch, and landing on the floor on the head" move was not a legal (or advisable) move. Sorry, kids.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

This is one of our kids greatest past-times. Luckily it's down in the basement were I can't see it. What mom doesn't know won't hurt her, but it might hurt the brother or sister. I usually don't know what's going on until I here crying.

Erin said...

Yeah, you may have noticed my "sick" kids out in the backyard yesterday. They sure do have a lot og energy when they are sick!!!

Erin said...

Oh, BTW I think that over the pony wall & couch to the floor it totally legal. It's flys at our house =)

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

That is how my house looks everyday. I don't know what I will do when we get nice couches downstairs.

Tara said...

Though it's pretty funny (and very creative), a disaster like that would drive me nuts. My kids love Wipeout, I'm lucky they haven't thought of that one yet. But they used to like to play "Camping" right in the middle of the living room so that all their "camping gear" was strewn all over the floor that is visible from the front door. (I try to at least give the impression of cleanliness and hide my messes in the back of the house) I had to ban the camping game after several days of HUGE messes. Imagine my frustration when I saw the mess again a few days later and when I reminded them that they couldn't play "camping" anymore, they just said, "This isn't camping, this is picnic." Ugh.

Autumn said...

I really hate it when my kids do this...it sounds like it is a normal kid thing to do though. Man...hope they're feeling better! They really look sick!! :)

Lewis Family said...

I can't believe my kids haven't thought of this yet. They love wipeout. We are big on "forts" around here though. Jonah came in my room needing cold medicine at 4am a couple days ago and wanted to me to make him a fort to sleep the rest of the night in. Umm, No! I now have a tent being dragged around the house though. sigh. Hope the kiddos are better!

Chelsea said...

Very Creative!! They look like they are having a lot of fun! Hopefully, they helped clean up:) Kyle is done with Ohio and is now working in Toronto, Canada. He's home for 2 weeks then, he'll leave for 2 months.

Chelsea said...

Very Creative!! They look like they are having a lot of fun! Hopefully, they helped clean up:) Kyle is done with Ohio and is now working in Toronto, Canada. He's home for 2 weeks then, he'll leave for 2 months.