Monday, November 3, 2008

The Eye of the Beholder

Some days my kids make me feel like a million bucks. Especially when they pull out the "You're the bestest mommy in the whole wide world!" On days like that I feel like I'm maybe doing okay.

Then there are days like today. First thing this morning I was helping Lindy get ready for school. She stood in front of the mirror and stared at my reflection for a while. After spitting, she promptly informed me that she "saw something on TV that would help get rid of the little zits" on my face. Infomercials strike again. 

Then later, Ellie decided my hair needed to be "fixed". She took her fingers, shoved them in her mouth, covered them thoroughly with spit and proceeded to style my locks into a more aesthetically pleasing coiffure. Gee, thanks.

Tomorrow I might try to shower before they wake up... 

7 comments:

Autumn said...

LOL!!! Lindy and her infomercials!! FYI I think you're beautiful just the way you are!! So there!

Rochelle said...

Seriously girl, that is tough! *here is a hug* hang in there.

Chelsea said...

That's funny! I have never heard of any kid who watches infomercials like Lindy! To think that those are targeting to market the retirees! You're awesome. When you re-read this a few years from now, it will be really funny! Thanks for taking one for the mommy team!

Jason and Kristin said...

Bless your heart. I love your locks just the way they are. I hear ya on the informercials. Graham thinks we need the pancake puffs.

Natelli Johnston said...

ya know, maybe there are advantages to me having all boys. They don't even notice or care that I wear sweats every day and only put make-up on on sundays. ON the other hand, maybe I need a girl so I will not wear sweats every day and only put make-up on on sundays :D

lindsey said...

This is hilarious...oh kids.

Anonymous said...

it makes me think of the friends quote when rachel said to joey...'you're so pretty'

You are pretty ames - love ya