Monday, November 10, 2008

Should I?

This is one of those posts that will, undoubtedly, provide endless moments of embarrassment for my daughter. But, I can't help it.

While getting ready for school this morning I ran across a rare form of reluctance from Lindy. She did NOT want to change her underwear. When asked why, she simply told me that she liked them the best. (I might have believed her if it hadn't been for the fact that they were plain white and she had another pair exactly like them.) After I told her that she'd just have to change them she suddenly got a little more desperate. She said that she'd change them if we all left the room. By that point my super-mom powers had kicked in and I could tell she was trying to hide something. I wasn't, however, prepared for what ensued.

Upon pulling down her drawers a deluge of gum fell out onto the carpet. From the look of the wrappers I could tell they'd been in there for some time. As it turns out it was the whole night. As I went to take them away she cried, "You can't have them...uh...I tooted on them!!!". If she thought that little tidbit of information would convince me to hand them over she was sorely mistaken. Into the garbage they went. For my part in keeping my child safe from all things disgusting I was treated with several minutes of wailing. 

Wow.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Oh my word! That is so dang funny. LOL. I'm glad you shared, even if Lindy has to live with the embarassment for the rest of her life!

Heather said...

That was hilarious! It took me back to the days when my little Chris loved gum so much that he ate it as fast as he could and his underwear was literally filled with a giant glob of processed gum. It's a good thing you caught her at the top of that slippery slope!

Chelsea said...

OH, That is so Funny!!