The last month has been an amazing one. Junior has gained two teeth (and he already knows how to use them...ouch!), has learned how to crawl, and has learned how to throw a tantrum. Unfortunately for him the tantrums aren't really accomplishing much other than making us laugh as he tries to express his 8-month-old frustrations. He also found a love of toys with wheels, and took his first fall down the stairs. And along the way he somehow tricked his mother into getting up with him at all hours of the night again. (I just can't let a sick kid cry.)
Last night as I sat in the rocking chair, holding my sleeping son securely in my arms, I experienced a small moment of panic as I realized how quickly it is all passing me by. Each day he grows bigger, and more independent and I selfishly want to just tell him to STOP! The quiet, peaceful moments sitting in that chair will soon be fading memories...I don't know that I'm ready to give them up yet! Especially knowing that this might be the last time I'll ever have one small enough to cradle in my arms. Sigh.
I am surprised sometimes at how fiercely I love the little ones in our family. Motherhood has shown me, in the truest form, how one can experience the best and the worst that this mortal life can throw at you. But I have realized more fully that I am unable to appreciate, or at times even recognize the joy without having to wade through some of the tough stuff as well.

11 comments:
You're a good Mom, Amy J.
Tara
Well said! and did I catch that this...um...might be the last time? so your thinking maybe about number 4? I wish they stayed babies longer. I am really enjoying P&P so far.
You are a good mom Amy! I often miss those little moments, but I do have to admit that it's fun to enter a new phase of life with my girls getting older! We have bigger adventures to go on together and they actually enjoy it! I got to take all three to a movie - just a big girls day out, and it is was so much fun! Enjoy it while you can, but look forward to the rest!!!
I just love how you can express your feelings so dang well. You need to write a book. Those are the greatest moments as a mom.
Love the picture. Love the thoughts expressed. Thank you for being capable of expressing my very thoughts today. You are wonderful.
I absolutey hated it when anyone would tell me that I was going to miss this, when my children were younger. My life was so consumed with children. Now that I have them a little older I truly realize how fast it really goes. I look back at pictures and it was a blink in time. Your doing a great job. I absolutely love the pictures of Curtis.
You are very right! I know that you are a good mom. It scares me to death to think that soon my kids will be leaving home. I miss the little ones but I love the young people they have grown into! Good luck.
....beautifully put...as usual. He really is a beautiful baby...maybe you should have another?? Love you Ames!
Isn't motherhood great? However, it was tragic to hear that you are back to night wakings. I was using you as my strong example.
Seriously adorable child! It really is sad how fast it goes, isn't it? My third felt much faster than the first two. I can hardly remember her as an infant so enjoy those rocking chair moments while you have them.
You have such a great way of putting things that I couldn't agree more!!! Sorry to hear about the middle of the nights again--if it's any consolation, Tyler's been getting up about 3 times a night for the last several--possibly due to the big molars coming in. Good news for me though, he takes his morning nap and goes to bed at night without anything (nursing). The only time I nurse him now is in the middle of the night :) what a gomer I am.--but that will only be long enough to get us through christmas in texas, then I'm fully cutting the cord :)
Post a Comment