Saturday, June 14, 2008

On The Committee

This year Ian and I got "called" to help on the float committee. At first I wasn't sure I wanted to be involved. I knew that it was going to be a LOT of work and I wasn't sure how we'd be able to juggle three kids (newborn included) and our schedules to be able to help out. I was also nervous about having to create something that everyone in town would be looking at. Scary!


I am pleased to report, however, that we have finished our Chappel Valley 2nd Ward float...with 2 weeks to spare! The committee had some amazing ideas and their creativity was inspiring! It was so exciting to watch it evolve into a beautiful piece of art! With a lot of hard work we were able to create a great entry for the parade.

Huge thanks to Lea Mitchell, Emilee Harshberger, Anna & Kaitlyn Standage, and Chris & Katie Kelley. You folks were a pleasure to work with and made a huge task so much fun to be a part of. 

1 comments:

Rochelle said...

WOW! Impressive! I can't imagine finding the creativity in your head and bring it out like that. I only do well copying others! You all did awesome!