Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

What a day! The girls have looked forward to this particular holiday with a little more fervor than I would have expected from them. They certainly looked the part...trick-or-treating, here we come!

Ellie wanted to be a cowgirl. Thanks to my talented mother-in-law, we had these authentic chaps and matching vest to make the costume perfect. 

Originally Lindy had requested a zookeeper costume. (She's been telling us for the last year that she wants to work in a zoo when she grows up.) Luckily she changed her mind in time for me to get her a fun witch costume. She was especially excited because we painted her fingernails green and put a little green eye shadow on. She's getting so old!

Curtis, of course, didn't necessarily care about his little costume. I just looked for something that was warm. And he did great. He happily strolled around with us as we hit the neighbors doors and loaded up on candy.

Here's a shot of all three getting ready to head out and hit the streets.

Ian wasn't with us this Halloween. I locked up the house for a little while and took the kids around the block. Luckily, for Lindy, Marci offered to help me out and continue the trick-or-treating fun with my oldest while I took the youngest two home and manned the candy bucket. (Thanks Marci!) When Lindy got home she informed me that she had "oodles of candy" and she is willing to "share with everyone". We'll see how it goes. Some of that candy might have to disappear while she is sleeping. Hmmm...

Happy Halloween from our house to yours!

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

Like them all but really diggin' the chaps! Awesome!

Amy said...

So cute! Lindy was having a great time last night. She was all smiles at our porch "Hey, I know you...trick or treat" and a great giggle upon receipt of the treat. Love the costumes.

Autumn said...

Love all 3 costumes!! The extras on the hats made them perfect!! You're so creative!!

Tara said...

Those are really great costumes. Lindy looks a little too pretty to be a witch.

Erin said...

I love all the costumes! But I have to tell you Lindy looks so BEAUTIFUL and grown up in her little costume.