Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Wrong Shoes

As we were leaving the house today I noticed Ellie had two mismatched flip flops on. I quickly ran back in to get the 2nd "princess" flip flop and handed it to Ellie as we were backing out of the driveway.

Ellie: "I don't want it."
Me: "Why not? They need to match."
Ellie: "I want the wrong shoes."
Me: "What?"
Ellie: (exasperated) "I want the wrong shoes, mom!"
Me: "Why?"
Ellie: "Because it's AWESOME!"

9 comments:

Rochelle said...

My son did this all summer until his grandma was finally so embarressed she insisted on buying him new flip-flops, but really it wasn't that he didn't have a match it was conveinence.

Anonymous said...

she's the one that will want to die her hair purple or green... cuz it's awesome!

Good luck!

Fiddlefish said...

Now THAT's the kind of children I hope to raise -- ones who have such self confidence that they live their lives the way that best fits them. Ellie -- you are most definitely awesome in my book!

Tara

Emily said...

Annie likes to do the same thing. Great minds think alike.

marisa said...

hey 'tiffs friend' amy, my three year old agrees- miss matched flops are awesome! that six month old boy of yours is adorable!

i enjoy your blog, it was the only way tiff was able to convince me to start one of my own.

if we only lived closer, you could be my friend too :)

Tara said...

Kinda like when my three-year old sasses back to me by saying, "I don't care if my outfit matches!"

What I want to know is: Did you insist she change them or did you let her wear them mismatched?

Amy Jones said...

Believe it or not (I hardly believe it myself) I let this fashion atrocity go unchecked the entire day. Even at Target. Unprecedented for this mom!

Autumn said...

It is pretty awesome....
Can't believe you let that one slide! Way to pick your battles Ame!!

Erin said...

It is awesome =) Remind me to tell you what Colton was saying about carpool. -k- It's really cute so I have to tell you in person