Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkins

This year we barely squeaked in the family tradition of pumpkin carving. Ian's recent work schedule has left us lacking in the good ol' "quality family time" category. Luckily he made it home in time to join us and we only had to keep the girls up a little later than normal. 

Both girls were slightly squeamish at the thought of reaching in and pulling out "pumpkin guts". Lindy would only work with a long-handled wooden spoon.

Ellie, meanwhile, refused outright to do any sort of cleaning. Lucky for her, I'm such a pushover.

I finally convinced Lindy to take a picture with her pretending to eat the pumpkin guts. She thought she was hilarious.

And here are the results. (Well, almost...Ian's pumpkin is supposed to be "eating" one of the little ones in front of it but it keeps falling out.) From left to right: "Baby Stem" by Lindy, "Mean Face" by dad, "Happy Face" by mom, and "Little One" by Ellie. We kindly excluded little Curtis since he was in bed and not very good with a knife. 


6 comments:

Rochelle said...

I love the pumpkins! Nice teeth!!!

lindsey said...

Your pumpkins are amazing! I love the teeth also...I need pumpkin carving lessons from you!

wade said...

Wow, I'm impressed. Our pumpkins never look that good.

Autumn said...

I'm so impressed with your teeth!! You guys are way better at the pumpkin carving thing then we are!!

Erin said...

I love the different look on each of them. GREAT JOB!!

Tara said...

You guys did a really great job. Those teeth are fabulous.

We have a child who refuses to clean, too. I don't know why we keep buying him a pumpkin year after year because we end up having to do all of his work!